On March 25, 2004 10:44 am, Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker wrote:
> To begin with, I think the correct interpretation is that the output
> buffer is required to have the same size as the modulus, so logically,
> an output size parameter isn't required except for checking purposes.

Well yes, my point had been that the output size is the only size
parameter in the prototype. That's perhaps indicative of the state of
affaires. :-)

> I guess that allowing an input size that's smaller than the modulus
> size could be doable, but isn't adviceable for security reasons or
> something like that...

Well it could all be handled relative to the padding parameters, the issue
again is that the API isn't exposed in this form and changing it
involves ... well, you know very well what that involves. <shudder>

I think this is just one of those things that doesn't warrant us messing
with it right now - if someone cares enough, they could clarify the
relevant docs.

Cheers,
Geoff

--