In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on Sat, 4 Jun 2005 04:31:21 +0200 (CEST),
Andrija Antonijevic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

openssl> I am using OpenSSL on an architecture that has a shared
openssl> library model in which the arguments are passed through the
openssl> (32-bit) registers and for which passing the arguments whose
openssl> size is larger than 32-bit would create some problems.

I assume you're talking about VMS, or is there another architecture
involved as well?  Would you mind telling me the VMS version and C
compiler version?  Is it on VAX?  Can you tell me a little more about
the problem?  See, I assume you work on Alpha or ia64, otherwise
pqueue would use BIGNUM for PQ_64BIT (because VAX doesn't have 'long
long' according to our configuration parameters), so I've a hard time
understanding the argument about 32-bit registers.

openssl> Additionally, it seems to me that pqueue_print should either
openssl> not be included when OPENSSL_NOSTDIO is defined since it uses
openssl> printf or it should be replaced with a version that takes a
openssl> FILE * argument (guarded with #ifndef
openssl> OPENSSL_NO_FP_API/#endif pair) and a version that takes a BIO
openssl> * (if this function is intended to be used for anything else
openssl> besides debugging purposes).

Good point, I'll take a look at that.

openssl> I have included another patch (to be applied after the first
openssl> patch) which defines USE_BIGNUM_PQ_64BIT when OPENSSL_SYS_VMS
openssl> or VMS_TEST is defined and changes the #if
openssl> defined(OPENSSL_SYS_VMS) || defined(VMS_TEST) and similar
openssl> tests with #ifdef USE_BIGNUM_PQ_64BIT etc test in all
openssl> places. This would make it easier for other systems to use
openssl> the VMS changes, only pq_compat.h would have to be changed.

Good point as well.

Cheers,
Richard

-----

Richard Levitte                         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                        http://richard.levitte.org/

                                                -- C.S. Lewis