On Nov  9 13:57, Dirk Mueller wrote:
> On Wednesday 09 November 2005 10:45, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > It's also used for Cygwin and the patch breaks the Cygwin build.
>
> I don't have a cygwin toolchain around, but can you tell me the error message
> so that I can work on fixing it?

x86cpuid-cof.s: Assembler messages:
x86cpuid-cof.s:0: Warning: end of file not at end of a line; newline inserted
x86cpuid-cof.s:165: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is
`-'

> does the attached patch work?

Yes, it works.  The resulting asm file does not contain the new .section
pseudo op.  There are two problems with this section in PE/COFF, first,
the section name must not contain a dash (for whatever reason), and
second, COFF sections have only up to two parameters as described in the
gas info pages:

  .section NAME[, "FLAGS"]
  .section NAME[, SUBSEGMENT]

Btw., the first asm message indicates that a \n is missing.  You should
add this at the end of the section string to avoid the warning.

HTH,
Corinna

--
Corinna Vinschen