Kyle Hamilton wrote:
2)  I want to determine what the boundaries of each function are, and
document them appropriately (and perhaps write up patches to fix any
problems that I find).  The OpenSSL documentation has been FAR too
sparse and incomplete since the project's inception (building on
SSLeay, which was also underdocumented).

I agree completely here, more documentation would be great news.

I'm seeking to align the highlevel API usage more into line with how a programmer expects it to work. To reduce the probability of misunderstanding in what is essentially a security layer. A straight forward intuitive API is achievable its just a few rough edges in need of attention as far as I can see.

I'm not sure how best to make the framework available, honestly.  How
large is it?

4800 lines so far.  I've named it "sslregress".

I'm putting the finishing touches on it to prove as much of the framework is bug free as possible. At the moment the test case instruction list is created programatically, I'm hoping to allow it to be described in a text file but this may not happen before initial publishing.

So far my obvious harsh test cases have worked out fine which is making me happier to publish to the list as each day of testing goes by.

What licensing is necessary from me to agree to allow for its inclusion into OpenSSL. I own copyright on the entire work as it is now and would like to at least post the first version with compatible licensing.

Darryl