An urgent problem: I just cross compile the OpenSSL 0.9.7 under linux by mipsel-linux-gcc for
MIPS R3000, no error occur during the compiling process.
But, when I put the result lib to the hard platform, the openssl routines
can not be carried out and ¡°segment fault¡± occurs.
Why? Does the OpenSSL not support the MIPS? The program works on X86, such as Linux in Vmware. The program crash on the
first call to transcend. The demo ssl in openssl directory also crash.
How should I do to cross compile for MIPS R3000? Some info The debug info
during the process is :

Again, you're still not providing enough information.  Please compile
OpenSSL with debugging symbols on, and provide a backtrace of the
crash with that.  Also, what optimization level are you compiling
OpenSSL with?  I've seen problems with -O2 or higher on some
architectures in the past with certain versions of gcc...

I couldn't agree more. SEGV in EVP_des_cbc can be explained only by compiler or binutils bug. Indeed, EVP_des_cbc is one-line function, which only returns pointer to a structure... A.