Christian Marg wrote:
Hello,

Since noone on the openssl-users list could help, I'm trying this list
for help.

In http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=openssl-users&m=116111352610602&w=2
Geert Van Muylem reports a similar problem but didn't get a response, so
 I just repost this issue along with my findings.

=============
= Short form:
=============
I can't connect to my Active Directory Server's LDAPS-Port due to an SSL
handshake failure. I can reproduce the following using some different
Versions and Builds (Windows, FreeBSD, Solaris, Linux) of OpenSSL.

openssl s_client -connect windowsserver.fqdn:636 -CAfile /etc/ldap-certs

gives me a handshake failure:

65580:error:140790E5:SSL routines:SSL23_WRITE:ssl handshake
failure:/usr/src/secure/lib/libssl/../../../crypto/openssl/ssl/s23_lib.c:226:

If I add either of the "-debug", "-pause", "-ssl2" command line switches
the connection is established fine...

could you reproduce the problem if you log the traffic wit ssldump ?

Cheers,
Nils