On Sat, Oct 06, 2007 at 02:55:19PM -0500, Aaron Christensen wrote:

> Also, since I haven't taken time to learn about CCM, yet, are there serious
> restrictions on implementing an incremental interface for it?  My next step
> was going to be an attempt to get some of the new SSL/AEAD stuff written,
> and it would be nice to be able to use a common EVP-like interface...

As I understand it, CCM is mostly used in packet-based protocols (and
in fact you have to know the length of the whole message to even start
processing). So a complete transform mechanism without any incremental
support isn't that bad; the expectation is that you'll pull small
packets off the wire (or radio interface), and decrypt them
sequentially and then (perhaps) reassemble them into a stream.

-Jack