Hi,

We were using OpenSSL in our product, but lately after testing on Vista, our
application was was crashing (only in Vista) in SSL_Connect(). (It worked
fine in XP)

After debugging through OpenSSL we found that within RAND_poll() it was
crashing in a win32 api function snap(TH32CS_SNAPALL,0).

With reference to the RAND_poll() issue described in
http://www.mail-archive.com/openssl-dev@openssl.org/msg18900.html we came to
know that RAND_poll() crash occurs especially during a multithreaded
environment.

Getting more info from an MSDN page
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms682489.aspx we got to know that :

TH32CS_SNAPALL copies process + thread information
while
TH32CS_SNAPPROCESS copies just the process information.

So we tried changing from *snap(TH32CS_SNAPALL,0)* to
*snap(TH32CS_SNAPPROCESS ,0)* And then it worked and did not crash.

Can anyone confirm if these changes are good (safe)?
Has anyone else faced such RAND_poll() related crash before ?

Is there anyway I can bypass that RAND_poll() call (as described in the last
paragraph of
http://www.mail-archive.com/openssl-dev@openssl.org/msg18900.html).

Thanks in advance,
Regards,