On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 02:50:55AM -0700, David Schwartz wrote:

> Ted T'so wrote:
>
> > At this point, you've just spent reams and reams of electrons stating
> > the obvious.
>
> Yes, for the second time, because some people *still* don't understand it.
> (It's quite obvious to you and me, not so obvious to the people who still
> don't get it.)

David,

I think you have a problem of not making clear what you actually mean.

I'm going to give 3 examples of how I could read what you were saying so
far:

1. A client connects to a server, but the server has been compromised
   and someone knows it's secret key.  The client properly checks
   that the key is valid.
2. A client connects to a server, but the client has been compromised
   and now accepts any or certain keys it's been offered.  The client
   software is/was written to do proper checking.
3. A client connects to a server, but it accepts the public key the
   server or attacker returns because it doesn't do proper checking.

I now think that people understand that you meant one of the first 2
cases but actually meant the 3rd.  And if you actually meant the 3rd,
that's not what I was reading in the other mails.

Kurt