On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 2:12 AM, Marc Haisenko <haise...@comdasys.com> wrote:
> On Wednesday 01. April 2009 11:03:55 Kyle Hamilton wrote:
> I was refering to the two threads cited in my patch e-mail:
> [1] - http://marc.info/?l=openssl-dev&m=123754568501758&w=2
> [2] - http://marc.info/?l=openssl-users&m=123788810006272&w=2

Due to a lot of problems in current web browsers (Firefox 3.0.7 had a
critical flaw in some component or other, and I would prefer my
machine not get pwned :) ), I tend not to go to unknown sites.  This
mailing list is archived on Nabble, and it's likely that you'd get
more folk to look if you linked there.

>> r...@openssl.org is the best place to send patches, as it creates a
>> ticket in the Request Tracking system that is used by the core
>> developers.
>
> Alright. Maybe it would be a good idea to document that on the openssl.org
> homepage, because before I submitted my patch I was searching the site for
> guidelines on how the project wants to have patches submitted, to no avail.
> There is no mentioning of a Request Tracker either (or maybe I'm blind) :-)

It's actually under "Support" on the left side, then "Request Tracker"
at the top.  I agree, the site could use a major redesign to be more
useful.  (Right now, it's obfuscated, probably to prevent people from
abusing it.)

The people who give base-level support don't generally get RT
accounts.  (I don't have one, for example.)  It's my thought that RT
is primarily used for the developers, rather than trying to delegate
support requests -- probably because nobody's getting paid for this
(except the developers, and then only because of support from
companies that want more features -- like Google, apparently most
recently, if the 0.9.9 changelog is any indication). :)

-Kyle H