joshi chandran wrote:
> We have some application which performs dynamic opening of libcrypto.a
> (ie at run time  , this application uses the libcrypto.a) . How  this
> application will get into the fips mode . should the application has
> to link with libcrypto,a statically at compile time or there is
> another way to handle this at dynamic runtime .

You're dynamically loading a static archive library? How does that
work?  Why not dynamically load a shared library, where the dynamic
linking issues have already been worked out?

I think you have a problem, because whatever technique you're using
there won't work for fipscanister.o, which is what you need in order to
enable FIPS mode.  Statically linking fipscanister.o into an application
executable requires the special link-execute-link as done by the fipsld
utility, in order to generate the embedded digest.

-Steve M.

--
Steve Marquess
Veridical Systems, Inc.