To ensure compliance with high security environments, I would like to
build my copy of openssl without support for the LOW and MEDIUM ciphers.
After reviewing the various cipher and config options, I decided to use
the following configuration:

./config zlib shared no-RC2 no-RC4 no-SEED no-IDEA no-DES

This command line was acceptable to configure, but unfortunately the
actual build process fails. Disabling any cipher results in a fatal
error to the build when completing the make in ./crypto/(cipher).

It appears to be a "bug" that the options to config are not correctly
implemented to produce clean builds. It may also be that I am trying a
configuration that was never expected, yet I believe is a reasonable
choice. In that case this is perhaps an enhancement request - which
could be implemented in a later version, and hopefully with a better UI,
like "no-LOW no-MEDIUM". Certainly the DES choice should require very
careful enhancements to the source, such that "des" would be disabled
yet "des3" would still be supported. I do not have an answer for this
mess at this time. If there is a solution in the configure or make steps
of which I am not aware, please feel free to send me the information and
I will test it.

Thanks.

Roch Skelton, PMP

Security Administrator, HMS Host, Inc

W: (240) 694-4110   C: (703) 945-0511

roch.skel...@hmshost.com

intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law. If you
are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message. Any disclosure,
copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on
it, is strictly prohibited.

[...]

This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message. Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.