Am 28.05.2010 23:08, schrieb David Woodhouse:
> On Fri, 2010-05-28 at 10:14 +0200, Lutz Jaenicke wrote:
>
>> The state of the test-repository is a bit old (approx one year) but
>> you
>> may have a look into
>>   git://login.openssl.org/openssl
>>   http://www.openssl.org/gitweb.cgi/
>>
>> When the initial test migrations were performed (2 years ago) I used
>>   cvs2svn-2.1.1
>> with some setup in cvs2svn-git.options.
>>
> Hm, OK. I'll try that again then.
>

>>  Since then Geoff Thorpe also worked a bit on some automatic way to
>> keep the test repo in sync with the CVS repo but all of this is on
>> hold until the team has come to a final decision...
>>
> What's to decide? Are there any plans being seriously proposed other
> than
>  1) Stay in the 20th century with CVS as we are now.
>  2) Update to git.
>
> Surely nobody's suggesting svn/bzr/hg/arch or any of the other artifacts
> of the one-version-control-system-per-child craze

Some of the members of the team do work for google. To my best
understanding google is internally using mercurial so this discussion is
actually not concluded. Hence the project will stay in the 20th century
until a new version control system is agreed upon.

I would kindly suggest to not open a discussion about the merits and
advantages of the different version control systems on this list

Best regards,
    Lutz