Xiao, Ying wrote:
Hi Steve,

Sorry for the same questions asked many times by Openssl users.

Will the new random number generator specified in FIPS SP80-900 be
included or planned to be include in the openssl v1.2.2 modules. I don't
see it in the source code.

Openssl is the best of all the security libraries we tried in term of
performance and features, but because of the new random number, we have
to investigate using other library such as Mozilla Network Security
Services etc.

Yes, we plan to implement at least one SP800-90 PRNG.

BTW the new module will not be called v1.2.2 (that version designation is already in use). v2.0 perhaps; we haven't discussed it yet.

-Steve M.

--
Steve Marquess
The OpenSSL Software Foundation, Inc.