-----Original Message-----
From: owner-openssl-...@openssl.org
[mailto:owner-openssl-...@openssl.org] On Behalf Of Steve Marquess
Sent: Tuesday, January 11, 2011 7:46 AM
To: openssl-dev@openssl.org
Subject: Re: New FIPS 140-2 validation underway

Xiao, Ying wrote:
> Hi Steve,
>
> Sorry for the same questions asked many times by Openssl users.
>
> Will the new random number generator specified in FIPS SP80-900 be
> included or planned to be include in the openssl v1.2.2 modules. I
> don't see it in the source code.
>
> Openssl is the best of all the security libraries we tried in term of
> performance and features, but because of the new random number, we
> have to investigate using other library such as Mozilla Network
> Security Services etc.

Yes, we plan to implement at least one SP800-90 PRNG.

BTW the new module will not be called v1.2.2 (that version designation
is already in use).  v2.0 perhaps; we haven't discussed it yet.

-Steve M.

=========================

Are you aware of the speed complaints and speculations about a trapdoor
in Dual_EC_DRBG?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dual_EC_DRBG

Thanks,

Paul
_____________________________
Paul A. Suhler | Firmware Engineer | Quantum Corporation | Office:
949.856.7748 | paul.suh...@quantum.com
Preserving the World's Most Important Data. Yours.(tm)

The information contained in this transmission may be confidential. Any
disclosure, copying, or further distribution of confidential information is not
permitted unless such privilege is explicitly granted in writing by Quantum.
Quantum reserves the right to have electronic communications, including email
and attachments, sent across its networks filtered through anti virus and spam
software programs and retain such messages in order to comply with applicable
data security and retention requirements. Quantum is not responsible for the
proper and complete transmission of the substance of this communication or for
any delay in its receipt.