From: Richard Levitte <rich...@levitte.org>

> richard> sms>       64         Automatic choice of "64" or "64=ARGV".
> richard> sms>       64=ARGV    Manual choice of "64=ARGV".
> richard> sms>       64=NOARGV  Manual choice of plain "64".
> richard> sms>
> richard> sms> Easy for the normal victim, flexible enough for the
> perpetrator.  Not
> richard> sms> very hard to implement.
> richard>
> richard> I like that idea.
>
> While I do, I'm exhausted.  As it stands now, there's just the "64"
> option to choose for 64 bits.  It will do exactly what you mention
> above, and it seems to work well together with that changes I made in
> apps/openssl.c.
>
> Have a look at tomorrow's snapshot, please, and see how it works on
> your system.  Let's do the rest, like the extra fancy 64-bit options
> another day.  (or, well, nothing stops you, of course ;-))

   Sounds good to me.  Perhaps a little different:

      64         Automatic choice of "64" or "64=ARGV".
      64=ARGV    Manual choice of "64=ARGV".
      64=        Manual choice of plain "64".

"Why invent a new, nonstandard keyword?", I always say.  (If I said that
it would be easy to add, then I don't have a good excuse not to add it.)

> [...] tomorrow's snapshot [...]

   Every time I look at the snapshot Web page, I get confused.  README
doesn't describe the -VMS_64BIT- or -WIN64- things, for example.  Which
"tomorrow's snapshot" would be the right one?  (And which "tomorrow"?)

   SMS.