On 04/22/2011 05:20 AM, Bhaskar Raju Penumatsa wrote:
> Dear Steve
>
> Thanks for your reply. Actually I am new to OPENSSL. Currently I am
> using OpenSSL 1.0.0d. I would like to ask you whether it is FIPS
> enabled version?

There is currently no validated OpenSSL FIPS Object Module compatible
with any OpenSSL 1.0.0+ distributions, and OpenSSL 1.0.0+ is not FIPS
enabled.  We hope to have both available at the end of this year.

> I am using this OPENSSL for encryption and decryption of Data files
> using 3DES algorithm from the command prompt. Recently I came across
> http://www.openssl.org/source/openssl-fips-1.2.2.tar.gz version which
> I am not able to Install on Win 64 bit OS. And also I come across
> some blogs saying that I need to enable FIPS by FIPS_MODE_SET() to
> True. And some blogs say that I need to link the OPENSSL 1.2.2 to the
> version I am Using.

For the "FIPS capable" OpenSSL 0.9.8+ and the OpenSSL FIPS Object Module
v1.2.2 (your only current option), see the User Guide at
http://www.openssl.org/docs/fips/UserGuide.pdf.

-Steve M.

--
Steve Marquess