Steve,

We are talking past each other - sorry for that but that is the way people like
me get to understand these things.

First of we have not changed any code of the FIPS Object Module. We simply do
not use all of the algorithms based on requirements. The application linking
the libcrypto.so, enforce that only required and allowed cryptographic calls is
made to the Module.
So, if I understand you (or maybe again not), we must test everything in the
Module even if we do not use them? And this is why the new directives will give
me problems - right?

Background:
We were hoping to use your certification of the algorithms as part of our
products validation. Using your certificate numbers in our SP in section 2 for
"Cryptographic Functionality". I thought that is the point of your
certification efforts. The lab said we cannot due to the different platform (we
have Linux 2.6 on ARMv5tel), but that we simply have to run the algorithm tests
on our platform to get our own certification for the algorithms we use. This is
an extra cost but less than a complete certification like when we changed code
in the Module. So in preparation for these tests I also need to fill in the
forms describing each algorithm and their modes.

Thanks
LJB