----- Original Message -----

Sorry, I first prepared the email and then made the push.

> Taking the 3 commits in turn:
>
> fix example with DH cipher suites:
> I don't agree that the man page implies anything about anonymous ECDH when it
> talks about anonymous DH. To me this example is clear and therefore I have
> not
> applied this commit.

There are many examples on the Internet that recommend using "HIGH:!ADH" or
similar for cipher suite configuration, without noting that it only works
correctly with old openssl.

When I scanned Alexa top 1 million domains, I found that over 6% of SSL-enabled
servers support AECDH suites, while only around 0.5% support ADH suites.
If I disregard servers that have misconfigured, expired, self signed, etc.
certificates this falls down only to 2.6% and 0.4% respectively.

That's why I think it is confusing for users and should be changed.

If you still are unconvinced, would you be willing to accept a patch with
additional example that basically says, "to disable all unauthenticated cipher
suites (ADH and AECDH), do this"?

> add description of -attime to man page:
> I have applied this commit. However I note that this is only one of quite a
> number of parameters that are missing from verify.pod. It would be great if
> you
> could provide some more documentation of these!! ;-)

I know, I'm just warming up ;)

--
Regards,
Hubert Kario