On Fri, Jun 06, 2014 at 10:42:06AM -0400, Salz, Rich wrote:

> Perhaps Configure should have a "-f nnn" flag, that lets folks
> add their own local table without having to patch the script

I think this misses the point, one can already just pass a table
entry on the command-line as a colon-separated target name.

The goal generally is not to create an entry from scratch but to
add some flags to entry maintained by the OpenSSL team which gets
updated from time to time by them to add various platform-specific
options.  It is for this that I wrote a script to synthesize an
ad-hoc target spec from the OpenSSL maintained table...

It would be convenient to specify additional ad-hoc prepend/append
strings for the various table fields on the Configure command-line
without writing a "Configure TABLE" parser, but at least that
approach works...

--
        Viktor.