> I think this misses the point, one can already just pass a table entry on the
> command-line as a colon-separated target name.

Yes, you're right, I was mis-using the thread.

But putting a config spec on the command line is, shall we say, awkward.  And
adding the flag would help with code cleanup; does everyone need to see the
various debug-levitte settings?  Or when we finally get rid of support for
MSDOS, we can take that out, too.  Configure then becomes the practical
definition for what is supported and not a dumping ground for anything that
someone on the core team needs, or that someone was able to "convince" them to
add.

        /r$

--
Principal Security Engineer