--On Sunday, June 08, 2014 11:57 PM +0200 Matt Caswell via RT <r...@openssl.org> wrote:

Hi Quanah

Thanks for the submission. The problem with correcting this is that
technically it forms part of the public API (since the macro is defined
in asn1.h). I guess there's probably not a huge risk in changing it, as I
can't imagine there's too many people relying on that define being there,
but then on the other hand as this is just a minor cosmetic change its
probably not worth it.

I note that this has been spotted before and that the decision then was
to just correct the error string itself (and not the macro name) - see
commit 2b4ffc6. I think that's a reasonable compromise, so I'll stick
with that decision and not make any further corrections.

It could be fixed for 1.0.2 however, right? It's reasonable to expect the API to change across major releases.

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Server Architect