I have built a 1.0.0m version of openSSL which I am looking to support on
Fedora Core 16 (FC16).  It configures, builds, and tests just fine on the
platform but I notice that if I build an RPM based on the provided openssl.spec
file it does not match what was installed by the currently installed 1.0.0j
package.  I then proceeded to create a binary package based on the openSSL
1.0.0j source package and it does not create a binary package like what is
currently installed as 1.0.0j on my FC16 system.  This leads me to believe that
the currently installed openssl-1.0.0j-1.i686.rpm is a specially created
version for FC16.

Looking for advice on how to proceed to minimize the amount of regression
testing I needs to do on this older FC16 unsupported platform.  Regardless I
need to upgrade to 1.0.0m on my FC16 platform.

TIA,

Daniel Bernal