I had a quick play with building 1.0.1g with both SSLv2 and SSLv3 disabled a
couple of weeks ago. There are unfortunate effects in the openssl application
at least, where some logic appears not to have been updated for TLS. If both
SSLv2 and SSLv3 are disabled, some commands are removed. For example the
'ciphers' command is removed, presumably on the basis that if you don't have
SSLv2 or SSLv3 then you can't have any interest in cipher suites. Didn't have
time to pursue it further at the time, but was concerned there might be other
less obvious problems.

It looks like there is some work to do to make this clean across the full
project.