Dear All,
At least for WCE, I can say that with this patch:
https://www.mail-archive.com/openssl-dev@openssl.org/msg35958.html

which is W32 compatible and NOT WCE specific,
and consists of only one typedef (which is highly clarifying the code ALSO for win32) and one CAST error (cast error that SHOULD be corrected ALSO for win32 platform),
Openssl 1.1.0 master20140721  is perfectly working for WC5/WM6/WM7,
and still compatible with w8 phones and CE SDK 2013 (yes it does exist).

So I would not understand that we go in a hurry to remove WCE compatibility while, most of the time (and after improvment in the past to switch to winsock2) , WCE code is just the same as win32 desktop code.

Yours sincerely
Pierre Delaage