On Fri, Feb 26, 2016 at 05:10:42PM +0000, Salz, Rich wrote:

> > I'd like to propose a policy of no bug fixes to undocumented public
> > interfaces.
>
> That seems extreme, given how much of the API is undocumented and how much
> external stuff depends on private things.

Not at all.  You're well aware, for example, that the bulk of my
changes for the upcoming security release are documentation; the
code changes were easy enough.

> I understand the goal.  I just want to make sure you've thought about the
> proposal.  (And heck I might even agree with it)

I've thought about it a great deal over the years.  This policy
has proved its worth over and over in other contexts and recently
in OpenSSL as well.  The code changes for 1.0.2g would not have
been as complete, had I not reviewed and updated the documentation.

--
        Viktor.