I'm using SSLeay 0.8.1 in an application I'm developing, in which
SSLeay is serving web pages to a browser.

At what appear to be irregular intervals (generally longer than 30 or
60 minutes, I believe), SSLeay decides that the current session to a
browser has expired.  My application treats any expired session as a
reason to force the user to reauthenticate (for example, the
application starts out in that state:), but I'm curious as to what
logic SSLeay is using.  No data across the connection in longer than a
certain time interval?  If so, what interval?  A cursory inspection of
the code didn't yield anything obvious.

Thanks.