On Sun, Jan 17, 1999 at 12:12:27PM -0800, Rodney Thayer wrote:
> Others have tried using the GNU tools on Win32 platforms and failed --
> if you could describe what you did it would be appreciated...

Yes, of course.

I used the mingw32 tools available from
ftp://agnes.dida.physik.uni-essen.de/home/janjaap/mingw32/newnew
(I think there are different versions).  I also used the cygwin user
tools (including bash, ls, rm, ...).

In the files tmdiff.c and bn.h I replaced _int64 with long long int,
as _int64 wasn't defined, and in e_os.h I removed the strncasecmp
define, as it collided with a system prototyps. (I got a wierd error
in the system include, as it's prototype was changed by the define.)

I also had to modify the makefile.one, which I used. If I remember
correctly, the changes I had to make were:

1. Remove all quotes, as bash or make misinterpreted them. To do this
   I had to remove some defines from one source file. This source file
   (I've forgotten the name) contains a function which will report
   version, platform, compiler options etc. when called.
   My makefile contains no quotes at all.

2. Change some variables:

     EX_LIBS=-lwsock32 -lgdi32
     CC=gcc
     CFLAG=-O2
     CP=cp
     RM=rm -f

I could send the makefile to somebody, but it's too big to send on the
list.

--
                                                Niklas