Hi all,

I have set up my IIS server for SSL
server and client authentication. I have
my own CA server that delivers the needed
keys/certificates.

In my two browsers (Netscape/IE), I have
added my CA root and the client certificate
for SSL client authentication.

In IE 4.0, I can connect successfully
to my https server as far as I use only
server authentication. When I use client
authentication, IE shows a list box of
client certificates that I can choose. The
problem is that the list is empty, although
I see my personal certificate in the content tab.

In Netscape 4.5, even the simple server authentication
fails. Netscape says that the certificate cannot be used
for that application.

Any idea for these problems? I suppose that some exstension
is lacking in my certificates but wich ones?

Pierre De Boeck
Sr System Engineer
Mission Critical (Belgium)
Phone: +32 2 757 10 15  Fax: +32  2 759 276 0
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                      ///
                                     (. .)

Pierre De Boeck.vcf