Wow, thanks for the prompt feedback from all!

After running ./config 386, make failed with the error below.
I'm trying Steven's no-asm option as we speak (this is a 386 after all...)

If that fails, I'll download the new snapshot tomorrow.

Thanks to all,

Philip

-------------------------------------
cc -I.. -I../../include -O -DNOPROTO   -c x_req.c -o x_req.o
x_req.c: In function `i2d_X509_REQ_INFO':
x_req.c:90: `IS_SET' undeclared (first use this function)
x_req.c:90: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
x_req.c:90: for each function it appears in.)
make[2]: *** [x_req.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/home/philip/sockets/ssleay/openssl-0.9.2b/crypto/
asn1'
make[1]: *** [subdirs] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/home/philip/sockets/ssleay/openssl-0.9.2b/crypto'
make: *** [all] Error 1