1. If you buy Raven, you're allowed to use it without buying further
licenses for anything.  Raven has already licensed BSAFE or made other
such arrangements with RSA.  The cost of the RSA license is included
in what you pay to Covalent for Raven.

2. My understanding of BSAFE is that it's a subroutine library that
you can buy retail (on diskettes in a box) for a few hundred dollars
per copy.  If you buy one copy of BSAFE, you're allowed to use it in
an application of your choice, such as a web server.  You're not
allowed to make further copies, so if you want to use it in two web
servers, you have to buy two copies of BSAFE.  The price per copy gets
lower when you buy in quantity.  If you want a really large number of
copies (for example you want to use it in a browser) then you can
negotiate with RSA for better deals.  However I don't remember seeing
anything in the documentation saying you're not allowed to use it in
web servers, and don't believe they could enforce such a requirement
anyway.

3. If you're outside the US, RSA is not patented where you are, so you
don't need to deal with BSAFE.

4. The RSA patent in the US expires 15 months from now and this nuisance
should hopefully go away after that :-P.

5. There's some more info on this stuff in the "patents" file in the
modssl distribution (see www.engelschall.com).

6. IANAL, AFAIK, etc.