Holger Reif wrote:

> Hemant Jain schrieb:
> >
> > Holger,
> > Here is the stack trace, if that helps:
> > error:0407106B::lib(4) : func(113) : reason(107)
> > error:04065072::lib(4) : func(101) : reason(114)
>
> This means padding check failed (reason 107) in function
> private decrypt (func 101) because of wrong block type
> (reason 107) in function padding check (func 113).
>
> I can't guess what went wrong, it would be necessary to
> examine the key itsself. Try to test the key with the
> little test program in the appendix. (Wouldn't it be a
> good idea to include it as "openssl rsa -verify"?)

Hmmm I was thinking of something analagous for some time but never got
round to it. There should be an RSA_check() function that will validate
an RSA private key: check p, q for primality then verify all the other
parameters and a -check parameter to the rsa utility.

Steve.
--
Dr Stephen N. Henson.   http://www.drh-consultancy.demon.co.uk/
Personal Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]