Dr Stephen Henson schrieb:

> Holger Reif wrote:
> >
> > Wouldn't it be a
> > good idea to include it as "openssl rsa -verify"?
> >

> Hmmm I was thinking of something analagous for some time but never got
> round to it. There should be an RSA_check() function that will validate
> an RSA private key: check p, q for primality then verify all the other
> parameters and a -check parameter to the rsa utility.

In case p and q are not available, my solution would be
the best one can try, wouldn't it. When I used the test
programm only e, d and (and the euler coefficient) were
available and the only possible check I came to was the
one I sent. I don't claim it's complete but at least a
starter.

--
Holger Reif                  Tel.: +49 361 74707-0
SmartRing GmbH               Fax.: +49 361 7470720