Jan Meijer wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm currently working on implementing openssl as a production CA (for the
> SURFnet office certification authority, SURFnet is the Dutch research net.).
>
> We want to implement the verification procedures around the technical signing
> procedures, and now I stumbled into a slight problem.  I cannot seem to get
> certain public key details out of a SPKAC request.  I can get the O, C, CN out
> of the complete requestfile (but that's no problem, I put them in there
> myself).  I want to get the keylength, algorithm used and fingerprint out of the
> SPKAC request.  Can anyone help?

Have a look at how apps/ca.c does this. Theres some stuff in the
function certify_spkac() that handles this at around line 1993, then you
get to the part that retrieves the public key in line 2053. Once you've
got the EVP_PKEY structure you can then get the keylength and algorithm
from that. As for the fingerprint: it depends on what you mean by
"fingerprint".

Steve.
--
Dr Stephen N. Henson.   http://www.drh-consultancy.demon.co.uk/