> Hi,
>
>   I had some problems installing OpenSSL on the Win98 platform. After
> compiling successfully, ca.pl does not run correctly when we want to
> create a new request using
>
>       perl ca.pl -newreq
>
>   the configuration file openssl.cnf cannot be located although it is in
> the directory that the ca.pl resides. The script keeps looking for
> /usr/local/ssl even after we specify the prefix and the openssldir
> options. Any idea why ?  Thank you very much.

OpenSSL does not have alternative default directories for Windows
(although I believe it should).  You need to use environment variables
to define the locatations of various files

SSLEAY_CONF=d:/ssleay/ssleay.cnf
SSL_CERT_AREA=d:/ssleay
SSL_CERT_DIR=d:/ssleay/certs
SSL_PRIVATE_DIR=d:/ssleay/private

    Jeffrey Altman * Sr.Software Designer * Kermit-95 for Win32 and OS/2
                 The Kermit Project * Columbia University
              612 West 115th St #716 * New York, NY * 10025
  http://www.kermit-project.org/k95.html * [EMAIL PROTECTED]