On the same issue:

We've found a way to add any arbitrary CA certificate into certificate
database of Netscape Communicator (on Win32 only) in a way completely
transparent to users. I mean, no UI warnings or questions at all.
If anyone is interested, I can e-mail the code.

P.S. Please, note, this is potentially very dangerous tool!

Michael.

-----Original Message-----
From:   Michael Sierchio [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] 
Sent:   Thursday, 16 December, 1999 03:02
To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject:        Re: OpenSSL CA as trusted CA in Netscape browser - help

Rabindra Basak wrote:
> 
> I'm using OpenSSL to make a CA and eventually generate a object-signing
> certificate to sign objects using Netscape's signtool. I am unable to
> get the CA certifcate installed in the Netscape as a trusted signer.

Present the cert with MIME type:

        application/x-x509-ca-cert

And Netscape will ask if you want to add it to the CA Store.

-- 
QUI ME AMET, CANEM MEUM ETIAM AMET
______________________________________________________________________
OpenSSL Project                                 http://www.openssl.org
User Support Mailing List                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Automated List Manager                           [EMAIL PROTECTED]
______________________________________________________________________
OpenSSL Project                                 http://www.openssl.org
User Support Mailing List                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Automated List Manager                           [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to