When I ran openssl-0.9.5a's "make test", the tmp.bntest file that was

written contained (out of 1800+ tests) seven expressions which Solaris 7's

'bc' evaluated to give non-zero results.

Repeated runs of 'bc' on the same tmp.bntest file gives identical results.

I get the same anomalous results (i.e. diff says the output files are

identical) whether I am on Solaris-SPARC or on Solaris-Intel.

Nine other tmp.bntest files that I produced by rerunning "make test" did

not contain any expressions that bc had a problem with.

When I feed the problematic tmp.bntest to GNU bc (version 1.05a, on Red Hat

Linux 6.2) all the expressions evaluate to zero, as they should.

My concern is this: Do the BN library and GNU 'bc' agree with each other

because they are both right (and the Solaris 'bc' has a bug), or do the BN

library and GNU 'bc' agree with each other because they each have the same

bug (and the Solaris 'bc' is giving correct answers)?

--
    (o-    Ted Powell
    //\    TGI Technologies Ltd  +1 604 872 6676