On Mon-01.05.00-09:55, Ted Powell wrote:
> Whatever the limits of the Solaris bc are, I would expect to get something
> like the following (actual Solaris output) when they are reached:
>     $ bc
>     10^10000

what is all this math-tender for in the first place?  are these
calculations that a public-key cryptosystem has to be capable of?  i dont
run openssl (or ssleay or rsa-c) at the moment, and i didn't bother to get
the sources, so i can't check how things are done.  can you answer this
question?  or, rather than that, is there a place on the 'net where i can
get a decent "tutorial for the uneducated one" on crypto-math?

pls excuse the inconvenience, but i couldn't resist to ask.

regards,

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]