Hello,
        When I was trying to export a certificate from IE, it states a file
extension of p7b. If this is a PKCS7 format certificate, what 's the
difference between p7b and p7c?

        What is BER? I just know DER is Distinguished Encode Rules. In Openssl,
I could (in many case) choose between DER and PEM format. What about
BER? Is it something similar to DER and PEM? How can I 'use' it or
'view' it with Openssl?

        What does it mean 'This standard (PKCS7) compatible with
Privacy-Enhanced Mail (PEM) in that signed-data and
signed-and-enveloped-data content, constructed in a PEM-compatible mode,
can be converted into PEM messages without any cryptographic
operations.' (PKCS7 Document from RSA Lab, version 1.5)

        If PKCS7 encrypted and signed message can be PEM encoded without any
cryptographic operations, does that imply PKCS7 encrypted signed message
can't be DER encoded (directly)?

        Thanks for you advice!

        Yours,
        Raymond