I am completely new to SSL so please forgive the naivety of my question. I
wish to set up an encryption system by which a colleague can encode a
database and send the corresponding ciphertext to me as an attached e-mail
file. After decoding the attachment and analyzing the database, I will
encode my statistical analysis of the data and send the ciphertexted report
to him as an attached file. Is SSL the best way of doing this or is there a
simpler but equally secure way of doing this?

Richard

Richard Dybowski PhD
Research Fellow (Knowledge & Data Engineering)
King's College London

Tel (office): (0)20 7928 9292 extension 6429
Tel (mobile): 079 76 25 00 92
Fax: +44 (0)20 7928 4458
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Web site: http://www.umds.ac.uk/microbio/richard/richard.htm