Sorry if people get this twice. I've been having mailer problems.

"Scott Goodwin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> Eric,
>
> I get a file not found from your link below. I track hacking on the URL and
> no luck.
Doh! I just finished experiencing multiple single points of failure.
My ISP changed over virtual servers and then my DSL line failed so
I couldn't update my DNS. Everything should be ok now.
Sorry about the inconvenience.

The URL is: http://www.rtfm.com/sslbook/examples
The file you need to consult is read_write.c

which uses select() to handle multiplexed non-blocking reads and
writes. I don't do nonblock SSL_connect() because I decided it
complicated the code, but the logic is fairly obvious and analagous
to the read and write code. Drop me a line if you run into trouble.

> BTW, I just bought your book from Amazon (it's not here yet); I hope it
> deals with session caching.
Definitely.

> Any OpenSSL info in there?
Some. Remember that although I do talk a fair bit about OpenSSL,
it's not an OpenSSL programming text.

That said, I've got a fair number of OpenSSL examples. I have a demo
that shows how to use OpenSSL with primitive session caching
(i.e. with the built in support) and I've got an Appendix that talks
about the various strategies for session caching across processes that
mod_ssl uses.

-Ekr

[Eric Rescorla                                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]]
author of "SSL and TLS: Designing and Building Secure Systems"
Addison-Wesley 2000                   http//www.rtfm.com/sslbook