Thank you all for your replies, especially Fonya's.

I agree that modssl isn't openssl , but I find it odd that the RPMS for
openssl are being put on the modssl site rather than the openssl site (which
incidentally has only one contribution at www.openssl.org./contrib). Openssl
RPMS have a much wider use than just for modssl. Could they be moved? (I
think I should ask here first before asking the modssl list).

My reasons for being keen on RPMs are that I have to explain to less
technical people what we have installed and how to uninstall it if it goes
wrong. From my point of view it's easier to show someone how to install and
uninstall RPMs rather than explaining how to compile code from scratch. I'm
not aversed to compiling programs with configure/make/etc , but my
colleagues wouldn't even know where to start. They don't even understand
what inetd does!

-
John Airey
Internet Systems Support Officer, ITCSD, Royal National Institute for the
Blind,
Bakewell Road, Peterborough PE2 6XU,
Tel.: +44 (0) 1733 375299 Fax: +44 (0) 1733 370848 [EMAIL PROTECTED]

www.ssleay.org,
considering that www.ssleay.org has very little ssl related stuff?

Villy