Dino Cherian K wrote:

> Dear sir,
>
> I am using the perl, v5.6.0 built for MSWin32-x86-multi-thread (Binary
> build 620 provided by ActiveState Tool Corp. - Built 18:31:05 Oct 31
> 2000), Crypt-SSLeay [0.17.1] and libwww-perl 5.48.
> When I the purl code
>
> use LWP::UserAgent;
> my $ua = LWP::UserAgent->new;
> $ua->proxy(['http','https'], 'http://omega_12:80');

Proxy support was only added to recent versions of Crypt::SSLeay.
Try version .21 in CPAN.  Note that ActiveState has not likely
built this version for their perl build yet, and you may suggest
them doing so I believe at [EMAIL PROTECTED]  ... you may
also try downloading Crypt::SSLeay from CPAN and replacing the
distribution lib/Net/SSL.pm module with the one in your perl libs.

If you can build openssl & Crypt::SSLeay yourself on win32, you
can try that too.  I have a developer release .23 that might
help with this if you should try it.

--Josh