From:                   stuart hodgkinson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject:                Re: Openssl on Win32 (help!)
To:                     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date sent:              Sat, 27 Jan 2001 00:06:58 +0000 (GMT+00:00)

Stuart

Well, if you run and look at openssl s_client then your are looking at
a real application, in fact one that contains one heck of a lot more
then you would ever have a desire to use.  And it is compiled with
"C".

All the apps in the apps directory use the two dll's produced when
your compiled OpenSSL.  You can even create static libraries that
you can link to from Microsoft Visual C/C++.  I use version 6.0 of
Visual C/C++ and have linked to OpenSSL both with the .dll and
static libraries.

So if you want to look at a "real" application that can be used from a
"C" point of view, look at any of those in the apps directory.  If you
don't have a OpenSSL baser server to test with, use the openssl
s_server.  It will run on Windows, and of course if you have
compiled OpenSSL on a Unix system you can run the OpenSSL
s_server on UNIX and the OpenSSL s_client on Windows.  Or you
can reverse it.

I really don't know how you can find an example application any
better than what you already have.  If you want a really complex
example application, download the apache web server and mod_ssl
source.

Ken

ok. this is from a c/c++ standpoint for actual intergration into an application. So
i'm looking for source code examples and linking information etc etc.

StOo