Help!

I'm new it OpenSSL and I know next to nothing about it.  In fact,
I'm only trying to build/install it because the README file for a
totally separate pacakage that I am just now installing (the Courier
IMAP server) indicated that having OpenSSL might be useful.

Anyway, I sucked down and built OpenSSL 0.9.6 on my FreeBSD 4.2
system.  The build all seemed to go just fine, but then I did
a `make test' and after a whole bunch of tests that all seem to
have succeded, I got this:

        starting big number library test, could take a while...
        test BN_add
        test BN_sub
        test BN_lshift1
        test BN_lshift (fixed)
        test BN_lshift
        test BN_rshift1
        test BN_rshift
        test BN_sqr
        test BN_mul
        test BN_div
        test BN_div_recp
        test BN_mod
        test BN_mod_mul
        test BN_mont
        test BN_mod_exp
        test BN_exp
        running bc

        Failed! bc: tmp.bntest 3: print statement
        *** Error code 255

        Stop in /usr/home/rfg/free/openssl/build/0.9.6/test.
        *** Error code 1

Obviously, this was not what was intended.

If any of you fine folks can suggest a fix or a workaround, please mail
that directly to <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>.  (Note:  I'm not actually a subscriber
to openssl-users, so if you just mail your reply to the list I'll never
see it.)

My apologies if this is already and FAQ or anything like that.

Regards,
rfg