I have openssl-0.9.6, egd-0.8 and prngd-0.9.3 installed on Solaris 2.6.

The imap and pop services seem to be working with ssl OK, and I was able
to generate test certs/keys etc. so I'm assuming egd and prngd are working.

In debugging some other stuff, I attempted to use openssl s_client ...

I get "random number generator has not been seeded" errors and "PRNG not
seeded" errors.

Openssl s_client will not accept -rand /var/run/egd-pool and nothing I've
tried setting RANDFILE to seems to help.

Does s_client work with egd/prngd or am I missing something basic here?

Jim Pennino