Hi All,

I am new to the world of SSL and need some help.
I have a Netscape WEbserver. Normally when I want to run a secure
server, I get a Certificate from
say Verisign. How I do it is:

Generate a key file on the web server machine using the Netscape
WebSErver command line utility: sec-key
Once this is done, I generate a request for a new certificate (using a
web based form on the admin server of the web server), which is mailed
to , say , Verisign. Don't know what Verisign does, but I get back a
email with the signed certificate. I copy the text to a form, again from
the web based form of Netscape and install the new certificate.
Once the certificate is successfully installed, I restart the server on
port 443.

Now how do I use OpenSSL to generate the certificate?? My OpenSSL is
installed on another machine, not on the same machine which runs the
webserver. Any pointers will be of great help.
Thanks

suri.