On Mon, 23 Jul 2001, hunter wrote:

> no i have not, i took a previous suggestion and moved the libcryto amd
> libssl out of /usr/lib but now i get:
>
> cc -o openssl -DMONOLITH -I../include -O3 -DB_ENDIAN openssl.o verify.o
> asn1pars.o req.o dgst.o dh.o dhparam.o enc.o passwd.o gendh.o errstr.o
> ca.o pkcs7.o crl2p7.o crl.o rsa.o rsautl.o dsa.o dsaparam.o x509.o
> genrsa.o gendsa.o s_server.o s_client.o speed.o s_time.o apps.o s_cb.o
> s_socket.o app_rand.o version.o sess_id.o ciphers.o nseq.o pkcs12.o
> pkcs8.o spkac.o smime.o rand.o  -L.. -lssl -L.. -lcrypto
> /usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
> _ftime
> make[1]: *** [openssl] Error 1
> make: *** [sub_all] Error 1
>
> Is there something like ldconfig i need or can run that will correct
> this? And do you have any other ideas?

this should only appear if the sources were compiled without -DUSE_TOD.
the patch you've applied should add this. maybe your source tree hasn't
been properly cleaned after the initial Configure. please, try and delete
your whole OpenSSL source tree, untar it again, apply the patch and run
the following commands:

        ./Configure rhapsody-ppc-cc shared
        make

best regards,