On Mon, 23 Jul 2001, hunter wrote:

> [agmacosx:~/openssl-0.9.6b] root# ./Configure rhapsody-ppc-cc shared
> Configuring for rhapsody-ppc-cc
> IsWindows=0
> CC            =cc
> CFLAG         =-O3 -DB_ENDIAN -DUSE_TOD -DPEDANTIC
> EX_LIBS       =
> BN_ASM        =bn_asm.o
> DES_ENC       =des_enc.o fcrypt_b.o
> BF_ENC        =bf_enc.o
> CAST_ENC      =c_enc.o
> RC4_ENC       =rc4_enc.o
> RC5_ENC       =rc5_enc.o
> MD5_OBJ_ASM   =
> SHA1_OBJ_ASM  =
> RMD160_OBJ_ASM=
> PROCESSOR     =
> RANLIB        =/usr/bin/ranlib
> PERL          =/usr/bin/perl
> THIRTY_TWO_BIT mode
> DES_UNROLL used
> BN_LLONG mode
> RC4 uses uchar
> RC4_CHUNK is unsigned long
> BF_PTR used
> Makefile.ssl:368: *** commands commence before first target.  Stop.

i'm attaching my Makefile.ssl (patched) and a typescript of my
configuration process to this email. could you please diff the
Makefile.ssl against your patched version. also, you could check that the
typescript corresponds to your configuration steps.

are you running Configure as root? try running as a regular user. what
does 'patch --version', 'make --version' and 'uname -a' say?

best regards,
--
        aspa

openssl-macosx-conf.tgz