SSL FTP encrypts both the control channel and the data channel(s).
The data channels are negotiating using SSL/TLS session caching for
rapid connections.

You can find patches to several FTP clients and daemons at Peter
Runestig's ftp site

  ftp://ftp.runestig.com/pub/

C-Kermit 8.0 is a scriptable FTP client which support SSL/TLS
security.   http://www.kermit-project.org/ck80.html

> hi Dustin,
>         Well for one it would no longer be FTP per se.. if you
> want to offer encrypted ftp service you could say for instance
> try some of the SSLed FTP stuff.. Try freshmeat for pointers..
> Note that those clients that can do SSLed ftp only encrypt the
> control port not the data port.. Since FTP decided to used 2
> ports instead of one which i have never really understood exactly..
> There is also as Pawel mentioned you can tunnel for instance the
> OpenSSH where you can tunnel to the server if you want..
> Well hope that helps you somewhat..
> Best Regards
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > Dustin,
> >     OpenSSH has something called sftp, in sshd_config You can setup
> > sftp_server as subsystem. But I haven't seen pure ftp over SSH.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Pawel

 Jeffrey Altman * Sr.Software Designer      C-Kermit 8.0 Beta available
 The Kermit Project @ Columbia University   includes Secure Telnet and FTP
 http://www.kermit-project.org/             using Kerberos, SRP, and
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]          OpenSSL.  SSH soon to follow.